Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Four books by author Beth Wiseman

The A Daughter of the Promise Series

Plain Perfect
Plain Pursuit
Plain Promise
Plain Paradise


Oh, look... four more Amish books. :)

Why I have these books: My friend recommended them.

What can I say? I just really like them. These four were good... again, not super complex stories, but they are great stories of faith in God... or more specifically, about choosing to have faith in God. I also liked that it was acknowledged that faith can come to all of God's children, whether Amish, Catholic, Protestant, etc.

It's interesting how different authors portray the Amish and their beliefs. There is no doubt that Beth Wiseman believes that the Amish teach faith in God to each individual member. These books didn't suggest that the Amish don't have personal relationships with God like other books I've read. So interesting... but then, I know that the LDS faith can be represented in different ways, as well. I guess it's just how it is when books are written about various religions. It really is up to the interpretation of the authors.

I loved these books enough to keep them, but I will be sending them to my grandma who will also enjoy them.

Perfectly clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment