Why I have this book: I bought the Kindle edition for 99 cents when someone mentioned it online.
The edition is the "1922 Classic Edition with Original Illustrations."
I remember reading this book as a child. I think my Grandma B gave it to me, so that was a good connection to have as I was reading it this time. I remembered bits and pieces and could pull those memories out as I read, thinking ahead to what might be coming up. It was fun when those anticipated scenes played out as I expected.
I gave it three stars. I think I probably enjoyed it more as a child (target audience). Now it feels too simplistic, too Pollyanna'ish for my too cynical mind. Or maybe I'm just realistic, not cynical. Blah blah blah.
It's a sweet story, pretty religious in parts, and probably would rank higher for me if I were rating it in my childhood.
Clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment