Why I have this book: My daughter recommended it, so I purchased the ebook version, then later purchased the audio so I could keep reading even when I was busy.
There was so much I liked about this book. I like the stories of women who discover their independence and find their inner strength and do things that help them grow and become who they want to be. This book had that. It was also humorous and interesting and had me super curious about what would happen. It would be a four-star read for me if I were just basing the rating off of that stuff.
I dropped it to three stars, though, because there was way too much talk about sexual things. There wasn't much descriptive sex, if any (can't remember), but way too much talk. Seems unrealistic, especially amongst strangers/people who aren't that close. It distracted from the story, in my opionion.
Still, I'm not sad that I read it.
I'm sure there was profanity, and like I said, there was plenty of sexual talk. The story also involved divorce and death of a spouse.
No comments:
Post a Comment