Saturday, July 12, 2025

Mishka (Mike Maroney)

Why I have this book: I must have gotten it free on Book Bub. This is why Book Bub is so dangerous. I always end up with books I wouldn't buy otherwise, and some of them aren't great.

I gave this book one star on Goodreads. It might not be fair because maybe if I were an eight-year-old, this novel would have seemed great to me. As it was, I was bored to tears, and I was skimming the last bit just so I could be done with it.

I'm sure I was taken in by the 4.5 star average on Amazon, but on closer inspection, there weren't that many readers. Maybe they were all his friends and neighbors. It also lists several awards, but honestly, I don't get it. It just wasn't for me, I guess.

Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment