Thursday, March 13, 2025

The "Tokyo Ever After" series by Emiko Jean

Tokyo Ever After

Tokyo Dreaming

Why I have these books: My daughter borrowed the first one from her school library and loved it, so I bought both books for my Kindle. She never did read the second one... but I read both.

I gave the first one three stars and the second one four stars. To be honest, I'm once again writing this weeks after I read them... today is April 17, but as you'll see, I'm posting as if it's March 13, the day I finished the second book... so I don't remember much about why I chose those ratings.

They were cute books. They could probably be made into a movie series for teenagers. They seemed a little grown up for the teenage years (at least the teenage years I'd want my kids to live), but I realize that life outside of my conservative area is probably more like these books portray.

My previous conservative self might have been appalled that my daughter read the first one, but I'm not quite as uptight now. It's nothing she's not seeing or hearing at school.

There is profanity in the book, can't remember the level, but more than I'd want my kids to ever be saying even if they were adults. The second book has more sexuality in it (not descriptive), but both books do feel more "young adult" than "teenage" when it comes to the dating relationships. Again, I'm a month from reading these, so I might be forgetting things.


No comments:

Post a Comment