Tuesday, April 2, 2024

On Mystic Lake (Kristin Hannah)

Why I have this book: I keep thinking I've enjoyed other books by the author, so when it popped up as a suggestion not too long ago, I bought it.

Honestly, I didn't love it.  Kristin Hannah writes books that get a lot of press, but in looking back at the ones I've read, I've never given any of them more than three stars. I'll have to think harder before I buy any more of her books. (Although I just remembered that I have her newest book on my Kindle, and it's getting super great reviews from everyone, so we'll see.) This one was just okay for me... I gave it three stars. I actually looked up the publishing date because the writing didn't seem very polished. It was published in 1999, so she's written a lot of books since then.

It kept my interest for the most part, but it just wasn't outstanding.

Pretty sure there was some swearing. There was some sex, but not overly descriptive. I read it a couple weeks ago (as reflected in the date of this post), so I can't remember all the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment