Thursday, August 3, 2023

The Mother's Promise (Sally Hepworth)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library as an audiobook because I like the author.

This book was probably a 3.7 for me, but since we only get the option of whole numbers on Goodreads, I rounded up to four stars. I don't remember if I had read the description of the book before I borrowed it, but I was pretty surprised to discover that it was nothing like the other books of Sally's that I've read. Usually her books seem to have some suspense to them, but this one was more about family, friends, and relationships. It also dealt with mental and physical health challenges

I listened to it in one day, so it obviously kept my interest. It gave me some things to think about, too, in regards to challenging our weaknesses and fears, as well as the importance of relationships.

There was some swearing, including the F-word. The story involves rape, domestic violence, and dying. None of it is graphically described.

No comments:

Post a Comment