Saturday, December 17, 2022

Anxious People (Fredrik Backman)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library because I saw that a friend had rated it highly.

Okay, I gave this book 5 stars on Goodreads. I'd give it a 4.7 if I could, but I can't, so I'm rounding up.

Brilliant. The book is brilliant. What a beautiful story of humanity! It's a rare book that I actually articulate, "Wow. That was a great book!" when I finish it, and this is one of them.

Mostly clean. There is some swearing. I can't remember if there were any F-bombs. There is a married lesbian couple (which doesn't bother me, and in fact, I'm not going to differentiate between straight or gay couples from here on out unless there's a good reason to mention it). The storyline involves depression and anxiety and suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment