Sunday, October 2, 2022

Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living (Shauna Niequist)

Why I have this book: I bought it on Audible after a friend recommended it. (I used a "credit," to be more precise.)

Meh. I gave this two stars on Goodreads. I didn't love the way the author narrated it... it was a little too soulful (which I might have expected, given the title). What she's looking for in life and what I'm looking for in life are somewhat opposite ends of the spectrum. She apparently had a really busy life and wanted to slow down. I have a somewhat unexciting existence (which isn't a bad thing), and have been looking for things to do. 

I did find a few ideas of hers that I appreciated:

We can shape our own lives. Sometimes I know I let life just kind of happen instead of shaping how I would like it to be.

Friends support each other and carry each other's secrets, fears, worries, etc.

We shouldn't give our pen to others to write our life story. That's up to us.

Take time to listen to our minds and bodies to know if we're living the life we want to be living.

Live more lightly... don't crowd it with things and busyness.

There may have been another thought or two, but those were the ones I jotted down. Good thoughts, but other than those, I really was ready for the book to be over before it was even close to done.

This Christian book is clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment