The Preacher's Daughter
The Englisher
The Brethren
Why I have these books: I had the first one on my Kindle. I don't even know when I got it. I'm guessing it was free or under a dollar. But tricky Beverly Lewis basically didn't finish the first book before it ended, so then you had to read the second one. And... that one also didn't finish up the story, so you had to read the third one. Luckily, they were both available to borrow at the ebook library, so I was able to finish the whole story. Well, sort of. There were a few open ended situations, but it's fine.
I gave the first one two stars on Goodreads. It was okay, but I did want to know what happened. I mean, she made a pretty clear hint at some things, so I was curious how it would play out. I thought book two was better than book one, so I gave it three stars... and then the third book (while nicely tying up some loose ends), was also a little frustrating. I'm sorry, but I definitely didn't feel inspired to be Amish by reading these books, and I was annoyed that some of the characters seemed to embrace the culture after having struggled with it for three books. But whatever, right? It's fine.
Anyway, I did enjoy them enough overall even if I didn't appreciate the Amish culture with all the rules and patriarchy. I would have chosen a different path for the main protagonists, but... it's fine. Haha
Clean. There is one storyline that implies married sex and that they had sex before marriage, but these are Christian books, so it's all not described in the least.
No comments:
Post a Comment