Why I have this book: I borrowed the audio version from the ebook library because I'm a "sort-of" follower of the royal family due to growing up in the Princess Diana era.
I probably would have given this book a 2.5 if I had the choice, but I went with a two on Goodreads. I couldn't quite go to a solid three. It was interesting at times, boring at other times, and most of it is stuff I've heard before. (And I couldn't care less about Charles and Camilla and their grand "love" story. I'm not a fan and still am Team Diana on that one.)
One thing is for sure. The royal family of Great Britain is pretty dysfunctional. I don't know how the British people support keeping a monarchy around. What do they even do? I know they have charities and so on, but really, I'm not sure they make as much of a difference in the world as they like to think they do. (There are a couple of exceptions in my opinion, but only a couple.)
After listening to this, watching the Oprah interview, and reading articles and another book I read earlier (can't even remember the title), I'm not really sure what the truth is. I'm sure each side has it's own perspective on how things went down. I can't say I blame Harry for wanting out, though, whether what was said with Oprah is true or not.
Honestly, they all are a little messed up, just like the rest of us. We just generally don't have to deal with it in the public eye.
Mostly clean, although I was surprised to hear the F-word (quotes from members of the royal family) a handful of times. There were also some gross quotes from Charles that he was recorded saying to Camilla on the phone. (And ewwwww... what a creep.)
No comments:
Post a Comment