Why I have this book: My daughter recommended I read it to finish out the series.
I asked my daughter if this one would bring it all home because I really didn't love the second book in the series. She said it would, so I went ahead and read it.
I agree with her... this one brings it home, and I really enjoyed it. I gave it four stars on Goodreads. There's a lot of humanity in this one, with all the complex relationships and emotions that exist with all of us crazy people in this world.
There's still too much use of the F-word (but not as much as the previous book), and a bit of talk about sex (but not as often as the previous book and in a more scientific realm). Domestic abuse is alluded to, and there seems to be a focus on homosexuality that I can't quite figure out. It just didn't feel like a natural inclusion, like maybe the author was trying to make a point?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment