Thursday, January 30, 2020

The Rosie Project (Graeme Simsion)

Why I have this book: I bought the Kindle version years ago but hadn't read it. Then my daughter won a copy at a library giveaway and recommended it to me after she read it. (She warned me that there were a lot of F-words in it.)

I thoroughly enjoyed this book even though yes, it does have a lot of F-words. (I like to blame that on the fact that it's an Australian author... but maybe Australians think all Americans use that word a lot, too.) It also has some talk about sex, but no graphic encounters at all.

But the main character. Don. How I love him! I totally pictured him as Mr. Monk (from the tv show of the same name), and I just love him like I love Mr. Monk.

I gave this book four stars on Goodreads, and while I'm not leaning towards reading the rest of the series right now, I might in the future. I hope they are as enjoyable as this one is. My "to-read" list is quite long right now, so I'm not going to jump right into them.

See above for content review.

PS. I lied. I put the next two books on hold at the library. :)
PSS. I decided not to read the next two books once they came up to borrow. Too many other books to read, so I returned them without reading. I also kind of didn't want to spoil how much I liked this first book if the sequels weren't as good. (I saw mixed reviews on Amazon.)


No comments:

Post a Comment