Why I have this book: My aunt recommended it on Goodreads, and since it was available to borrow from Amazon Prime, I did. Or at least, I thought she recommended it... now I can't tell if the review was hers or came with the book (on Goodreads). I'd like to ask her, but she actually passed away just about the time I began reading the book. I had to keep reminding myself that she wasn't there when I thought to talk to her about what I was reading.
I liked this book quite a bit, and from what I understand, it's the first of at least fourteen books in the series. I don't know that ALL the books can be about the Civil War (it seems like a lot of books for five years of historical fiction), but I don't know.
The rest of the books in the series aren't free, and although I liked this one quite a bit, I won't be buying them. I'd read them if they were free or cheap.
A notable quote from the book: "Her mama had always told her it didn't do any good to put things in God's hands if you were going to stand in front of him and keep snatching them back."
Clean other than some descriptions of slavery and all the horrible treatment associated with it. There is also copious uses of the N-word.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment