Thursday, September 6, 2018

Becoming Lady Lockwood (Jennifer Moore)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from DBS+.

This book kept my attention pretty well throughout, but there were so many things that were just too contrived for me to give it a solid three stars. If I could rate it according to categories (like "How well did it keep your attention?"), then there would have been three or four stars there, but I can really only give it two stars because it was too silly and unrealistic in places. For instance, just the way the heroine is universally admired and the way she "saves the day"... yeah, not really my thing.

The writing was good, though, and kept me pulled in. It did seem to me that the author went from using contractions (I'll, we'll, you'll, I'm, etc.) during most of the book, to not using them toward the end, with the conversations becoming more formal. I could be mistaken, but the rhythm of the writing changed, and that's what seemed to stick out in my mind.

In any case, it was okay. I was having a cranky day and it was a good way to "drown my sorrows."

Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment