Sunday, August 7, 2016

Three Wishes (Liane Moriarty)

Why I have this book: Because I've liked the other books I've read by this author, and my ebook library carries them all to borrow.

I liked this one okay. I didn't love it as much as the other books she's written... the storyline seemed to jump around more and I'm not really sure there was a really strong point to it. So it wasn't my favorite, but I did still enjoy it. I think if this had been the first book of hers that I had read, I probably woudn't have read any others. The profanity wasn't really worth it in this one.

I really do like that way she describes the observations the characters make. Their brains work like mine. Overactive, really.

Sadly, the profanity in this one was more than the last one (and maybe more than any of the others), but again, it's that kind of "Australian/British" way of swearing. Maybe I'm up in the night, but it would bother me more from an American author. I don't know why. There were lots of F-bombs in this one.

Also, like in her other books, sleeping together doesn't really have a moral basis to it. It's just a "third date or fourth date?" kind of decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment