Why I have this book: It's a continuation of another book I read just a few weeks ago.
This book picks up about 30 years after the first one, so I'm pretty sure it finishes up the (two book) series. :) That's okay, though... it tied everything up nicely, and I enjoyed it very much.
The one thing that made me laugh... I noticed that in other books by this author, she often would write "pulled at his nose." Like... when the character was thinking or upset or embarrassed, "he pulled at his nose." Haha. The first time I found it odd. Then I noticed it seemed to happen with other characters in more than one book, and it happened again in this one. I guess it's a phrase I've never really heard before, and it just stood out to me and kind of felt comical. I don't know why. And it doesn't really matter, other than it's just stuck in my overthinking brain! :D
I do enjoy Marie Bostwick's books, though. I have another one on my Kindle that I haven't read yet, so I'm glad about that!
Pretty clean... there were a few swear words and one unmarried couple has sex, but it's not described at all. You just know it happened.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment