Sunday, February 7, 2016

Beyond Good Intentions: A Mother Reflects on Raising Internationally Adopted Children (Cheri Register)

Why I have this book: I purchased it while we were in the adoption process years ago.

I probably read this when I first bought it, but I'm glad I read it again. I admit, it leaves me a bit unsettled, only because there is so much information and so many opinions about adoption… but it really comes down to only what really affects the individual child and his/her family. Adoption is complicated. It affects so many people, and so many people influence the experience.

Really, until you've been there as an adopted child, a birth family, or an adoptive family… I don't think you can understand all the facets of adoption. And sometimes reading books like this makes it feel even more complicated. I know that when it comes down to it, I have to rely on my gut instinct and love and guidance from God to help my little girl navigate her own emotions about her adoption.

Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment