Longing for Home - A Proper Romance
Longing for Home, Book 2: Hope Springs - A Proper Romance
(That's what the covers say.)
Why I have these books: I borrowed the first one from the e-book library, and I enjoyed it so much that I bought the second one. I actually put it on hold at the e-book library first, but I was the 27th person on the list, and since my husband was out of town on a camping trip, I gave myself a treat and just bought it instead. :)
I really enjoyed both these books a lot... but can I just say I don't really love when the protagonist is like some kind of Wonder Woman Worthy of Worship (W.W.W.W.)? (haha) No, seriously. Sometimes books portray a character as the only person in the entire world who is able to single-handedly conquer every problem that exists in anybody's life, simply through her very presence. I admit, I am likely exaggerating this a bit, but seriously? In this particular case, the protagonist herself wouldn't have survived without the goodness of others... yet, they all practically worship her and treat her like she is The Chosen One. (And it appears she lives up to their expectations.) This isn't the first book I've read with this theme, and I just kind of roll my eyes about it.
BUT... other than that, I give these books a solid thumbs up. I was kept guessing through both of them at how things would end up, and I enjoyed the characters and storyline. It made me curious about the settlements of Wyoming and if there really was that much discrimination between cultures when it was being settled.
Clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment