Why I have this book: It was recommended somewhere... I can't even remember where or by whom... Anyway, I bought it on Kindle because it was only $2.99.
This book totally reminded me of books by Dale Carnegie. It had the exact same feel to it. To be honest, that was a bit of a turn-off for me, because it just seemed like it wasn't really original. The message is good, but it wasn't anything that couldn't have been written in a magazine article. And it was a little like being at a motivational convention. Kind of "rah-rah"...
It also seemed mostly directed towards business situations, so I couldn't relate to that... I had to think a little harder to make it applicable to my life.
Overall, a good message and a quick read. Nothing new as opposed to the Dale Carnegie books, although the stories and examples are more current. (Dale Carnegie died in 1955, so obviously his stories - although not the meaning behind them - are dated for a younger generation.)
Clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment