Why I have this book: My MiL loaned it to me.
I love biographies/autobiographies, and I particularly loved the autobiography of Barbara Bush. I was interested to see how it would compare to this autobiography of her daughter-in-law, Laura Bush.
I enjoyed this book... It was interesting to read, and it's always fascinating to peek inside someone else's life. I learned some things I didn't know before and I was also reminded of events that occured during President Bush's administration. Some of it was hard to read, as she talked about the terrorism that hit our nation in 2001 and the scary uncertainties we faced as Americans in the following months/years.
I felt, in some ways, that this book was a rebuttal to the perceptions the media spewed forth during her husband's presidency. I can't say I blame her. I do wish I would have felt like I got to "know" her as much as I felt I got to "know" Barbara Bush from reading her autobio. This one didn't seem as personable, but I did enjoy it and I'm glad I read it.
It's not mine, so no decision to make about whether or not to keep it. If I did own it, I would probably keep it as a history reference if my kids wanted to know more about these years in American history.
Clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment